Shikha!

The flame....to ignite some thoughts!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Narumugaye

narumugaiyae neeyoru naazhigai nillaaysengani ooriya vaay thirandhu neeyoru thirumozhi sollaayattraith thingal annilavil netriththarala neervadiya kotrappoigai aadiyaval neeyaa (2)

thirumaganae thirumaganae nee oru naazhigaip paaraayvennirap puraviyil vandhavanae vaelvizhi mozhigal kaelaayattraith thingal annilavil kotrappoigai aadugaiyil otrappaarvai paarththavanum neeyaa(2)

mangai maanvizhi ambugal en maarthulaiththadhennapaandinaadanaik kandu enmanam pasalai kondadhennanilaavilae paarththa vannam kanaavilae thoanrum innum (2)ilaiththaen thudiththaen porukkavillai idaiyinil maegalai irukkavillainarumugaiyae narumugaiyae neeyoru naazhigai nillaayattraith thingal annilavil kotrappoigai aadugaiyil otrappaarvai paarththavanum neeyaaattraith thingal annilavil netriththarala neervadiya kotrappoigai aadiyaval neeyaa (2)

yaayum yaayum yaaraagiyaroanenru naerndhadhennayaanum neeyum evvazhiyaridhum uravu saerndhadhennaorae oru theendal seydhaay uyirkkodi pooththadhenna (2)

sembulam saerndha neerththuli poal ambudai nenjam kalandhadhennathirumaganae thirumaganae nee oru naazhigaip paaraayattraith thingal annilavil kotrappoigai aadugaiyil otrappaarvai paarththavanum neeyaaattraith thingal annilavil netriththarala neervadiya kotrappoigai aadiyaval neeyaa (2)

This is a song I enjoy and cherish a lot! Tamil poetry has always caught my imagination. Tamilian by birth but my langauge skills in my native tongue is miserable! if you ask me the meaning of the song posted above, I can tell you that bride and bridegroom are singing in preaise of each other. I am dreamer and I dream all the time of the beautiful life, the lake , teh mountains and prince charming on a white horse (yeah yeah total filmy)!!!! listening to this song today, I dreamt of the day my prince cahrming would come singing this song for me.

I always had these few songs I imagined my dream man, the love of my life would sing for me or atleast think of me in terms of the song!!!!!! It has been so long since I thought about these dreams and love and of finding someone.

I still don't have anyone in my life, but I am happy to be back where I can dream again and not feel scared to dream!!!!!!!!

On a different note, i made many mental blog enteries this past week but never managed to write any. I am trying to write a series of my favorite songs, mostly tamil and may be some others and a lot of them have some story and some ahve no story but I just love them!!!!

They are cliched themes of love. But hey!!!!!! I am not here to impress anyone, I am here to be myself!!!!! I have struggled hard to hear my voice and be myself again!!!!! This is the begining. I don't care what anyone has to say. I want to be silly, romantic, sad, crib and everything else. I just want to "be".

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Hello! Nice post. I like the yaayum yaayum (though it is only one line from the original poem) bit a lot :) I think that is the most fantastic piece of love poetry ever.

2:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home