Shikha!

The flame....to ignite some thoughts!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where are they?????
So I have been reading her blog for a while now. We used to know each other in college and typical teenage silliness I suppose we didn't get along well. Now when i think about it, I can't figure out why, there was no particular reason to dislike her. Today when I was reading her blog, I couldn't help but agree with what she had written there. The feelings of a single, working, 25 something woman looking for love or that elusive partner. Most of us are smart , doing well professionally, attractive in our own way, interesting, have good tastes , decent social life and yet most of us are single! this seems to be the common line for most of urban Indian women, whether we are looking or happy with her single status. None of us are desperate mind you, but sometimes it is nice to have someone to share those lazy Sunday mornings or those Friday evening you don't want to go out again!!!!!!
So where are these men????? the funny, interesting, intelligent, gentle, nice (not complicated), friendly... is this asking for a lot?????? I am often accused these days (by my dad mostly!) of not being able to decide on the many guys he thinks are suitable for me. He asked me recently what I meant by "connection". I agree with Her (my college friend) that this whole instinct business does not work and proves wrong most of the time! So I also ask the same question, all you married people out there (young and old) how did you know? Did you believe in heart beat racing, palm sweating or did just happen as a logical end?
I think finally I am realising the part about getting old... now I seem to understand that things take time and now I don't fall so easily for anyone... I think this is good, the innocence of romance is gone but at least less heart ache i suppose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home