Let it go
I was going to write this post after some recent events and some self introspection. But when I heard a really sad news of losing a classmate I didn't know very well but who sat near me for an entire semester during a course and someone I never got to know. The loss of this beautiful nevertheless had a strange effect on me. Not just the feeling of sadness at hearing such a news but a realisation that Life is unpredictable, cruel and short. In the last 5 years I have lost two young, vibrant and people full of life to drunk driving. Lot of similarities between the two. One I knew very well and close to my heart, the other I hardly knew but saw very often to know the smile on her face. She always had something nice to say and was quite fascinated by Indian culture and the colours that we wore and ofcourse the bindi. I remember the Halloween party i think she wore saree as her costume and had bindi and i wasn't thrilled about it at all. The other friend was also someone who always had something to say and then a lot of it didn't make sense to me but now they seem so relevant.
Why am I saying all this is that, life is short how tomorrow is going to be no one knows. What is the point in holding on to emotions and people and making life more difficult for us and for the others. We may not be there tomorrow to repent or make up for things we did wrong. Might as well lead happy and fuller life while we still can. No room for regrets. I don't want to hold on to things and pull them to me against its wishes. Best is to let it go, be free and free everyone else. I hope I can practice this a lead a better and happier life. I love you all just the way you are, no expectations and no demands. I am glad to be blessed with wonderful people in my life. Should something happen I want to be a free spirit and fly away with a smile. I want a smile on everyoneelse's face.
I miss you anand, I wish you were here today to see me grow into a woman from that little girl you saw. I know you are seeing me from somewhere and laughing at me. I miss you, when someone compliments me on my hindi. It wouldn't be so good without you making it better for me. I miss you always.
Marilyn, I didn't know you at all. I only knew you as the pickle girl. I still remember that yellow skirt you wore so often. I remember your smile, you always had a happy face. I am sorry if I was every rude to you. I will miss seeing your facebook updates and your tango pictures. You did look good in all those pictures and seemed like a great dance. Rest in peace Marilyn the angles will take care of you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home