Shikha!

The flame....to ignite some thoughts!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Random musings....
There are so many things I wanted to call this post but settled on the above since it is going to be one. This is going to be a post about many things I wanted to write about/many people actually. So here you go....
p.s. Please be prepared for a long rant... if you have no time or patience then I suggest you don’t read this. It may not even make sense.
I have this habit rather an addiction of reading anything and everything. One such addiction is reading random blogs. I jump from one blog to another and have been a fan of quite a few without the authors having any idea of this secret admirer. Okay before you jump to conclusions!! I don’t stalk them. I just like their writing and these are people whose thoughts are almost mirror my own.
Anyway off late I have been reading this blog (she is a friend’s friend). Strangely enough I immediately identified the person. She has no clue of my existence but I do. I have known of her in a different context but I was amazed at my own ability to put that picture together. It sometimes is baffling how much information (mostly junk) my mind can store and put them to use as well. Anyway reading this girl’s blog (we will call her maggi after the noodles) seem to be sailing a similar boat in life. I felt an instant connection with her writing. It so happened that the first entry I read was a collection of her experiences of meeting men/boys through the arranged marriage process. As most of you who know me know that it is so my story as well. I have just been too lazy to record my lovely experiences. Someday you will all get to read. So anyway going back to maggi’s blog, strange as it may sound, she had written about a guy she met. I instantly recognised that fellow as well. Gawd what am I turning into!!!!!! Anyway I was also once considered by his family for him but then I suppose they realised we were too uncool for them and didn’t go anywhere. I was pleased as punch to read the funny things maggi had to say about him. Isn’t it really strange that two women who never met but in the same profession went to relatively well known colleges, went out of the country around the same time, know people in common... it spooks me. It spooks me even more when I read her other entries how I want to scream and tell her I agree too. So today I was reading maggi’s another friend’s blog (we will call her Top Ramen, yes I am hungry and craving noodles). Yet another single, independent twenty something girl. Her views on world and men in particular. Gawd she had written all that I ever wanted to say. It is the story of my life. Doing well in life, making reasonable amount of money, enough to get by through the month after all the payments. Pay my bills etc., do my taxes on my own and would like to consider myself to be fairly matured and sensible. Yet one thing that is beyond me is what a man wants from me. If I downplay my independence card they run away thinking am needy, if I play my I am self sufficient card they ask me why I want to get married and “my types” would be too happy with self to be anyone else. WTF!!!!! So after reading their blogs decided am also going to let the steam off.
So yes I am single and ready to mingle. Have never been shy of admitting this fact at all. Pretty much been single all my life barring those sporadic periods of a man in life. Most of them totally random with no meaning to it, at least that’s what I figured later. Some meaningful ones but for whatever reason they had to end. I have done reasonably done well in academics and am here today with a nice job, which I have no complaints against. So anyway I take care of my own needs. Been on my own now for almost 10 years (phew!!) but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be with another human being for the rest of my life. I hate it when some people point out to me that I am very independent hence send out the signal of not wanting someone WTF I say!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home